Darktsukiyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darktsukiyo

This is a place for intelectuals to come and share knowledge with the masses, also for those who wish to learn about various topics.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2008-06-07

The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to   The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Amen
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/shikatem59
Pharaoh_Osiris
Enlightened
Enlightened
Pharaoh_Osiris

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to   The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:37 pm

to hell wit it if it has a good beat and good lyrics dont care wut genre it is ill listen to it
Back to top Go down
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: Re: The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to   The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:06 am

people are not so easily swayed from solid ways. however that isnt entirely true, i listen to rascal flatts and techno and some things i get ragged on all the time for.
Back to top Go down
.TBP.LilBizzy
IQ 100
IQ 100
.TBP.LilBizzy

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to   The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:02 pm

Damn,thats true,but when you stop and think about it,everybody just listens to wat other people think is cool,so we should atleast make them listen 2 other types of music
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/gearfreid
clmbndawg009
Brain Spawn
Brain Spawn

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to   The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:33 pm

man u have a point.... i have answered that question with the same answer a few times.... dayum....
Back to top Go down
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: Re: The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to   The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 pm

all i can say is, she is quite the wise girl indeed.
Back to top Go down
djrice91
Admin
Admin
djrice91

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to   The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Not my rant used my friend's with permission:

Lately, and by lately I mean for the past few years, I'll ask out in normal conversation "what music do you like/listen to?" and I would have to say that at least 80% of the time the answer has been "everything." But when they use examples of their "everything" music, all they name is rap, r&b, pop, and rock, mainly music heard on the radio and television. Maybe some of you(defintly not all) but some of you haven't noticed that those few genres of music is not ALL the music that's out there. Not even remarkably close. I spend the majority of my free time searching for artists I've never heard of just to keep an open mind to whats out there, not to mention hoping to have a career as a recording engineer.

I believe music is the most powerful source of knowledge. It's so powerful, it can reach out and touch the most close minded, cold hearted person and have the most brilliant effect on their mind. It reaches out to people in ways just words could not. It can make them tap their foot to the beat or the lyrics or the notes or the rhythm or the... just anything that is in the music that that person sees, and is immediately focused on what the artist or instrument(s) is saying... teaching them about anything. Music can be about hard times, good times, drugs, love, life, or any emotion ever. Music had been a self expression of the earth, animals, plants, and humans since the beginning of time. Starting at the moment the first human's heart beat was heard.

I can't stand people that don't give certain genres of music a chance because of how it may change the image they're trying to let off. I can't stand people who call a certain genre of music 'crap' or worse, they'll say that that certain genre of music, isn't or SHOULDN'T be considered music. No one ever said you had to like it, but respect it enough that its out there and someone somewhere went through the trouble of creating it. All they're asking is for you to listen. Take 2-6 minutes of your life to give what they have to say a chance.

To the people who say 'rock isn't music, its just noise'.
To the people who say 'rap isn't music, its just rock with fast talking and too much bass'.
To the people who say 'country isn't music, its only for rednecks'.
To the people that do not respect music or refuse to give a certain genre of music a chance and refuse to even bother to LISTEN to it, this is out to you.

Music is my life.
All music is my life.
Including:
-Hip Hop
-Rap
-Punk
-Country
-Rock
-Metal
-Jazz
-Classical
-Techno
-Electronica
-Beat-box
-Foreign
and everything in between.

I can't stand when someone says they listen to EVERYTHING, and they consider that just rock and rap. Am I the only person left in the world that actually gets off their ass and looks up music anymore?
I understand if you don't LIKE certain types of music. There are certain type of music I don't like either. Everyone is like that. But when someone says "{insert genre here} fucking sucks" that ticks me off... quite a bit. It doesn't SUCK you close minded assholes. It just doesn't suite the type of music YOU are used to listening to.

I hate the fact that the media does such a good job at manipulating people into liking certain types of music by playing it on the TV/Radio.

This was all just me ranting on and on about the number one thing that pisses me off. This wasn't intended to come off as me saying that you should use all your time looking up music like I do and forcing yourself to be interested in the history of sound. The intention of this was to show someone, anyone, that its totally wrong to criticize or disrespect a certain type of music just because it doesn't fit your liking. I've had continues arguments with idiots about this topic and I'm sick and tired of it. If you actually went through the trouble of reading this whole thing and think it was a complete waste of your time, sorry. If you read all of this and agree with me, please make my day and reply to this. It would seriously mean the world to me.

-Angela Eglezos
Back to top Go down
https://darktsukiyo.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to   The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The ignorance of people and the music they don't listen to
Page 1 of 1