Darktsukiyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darktsukiyo

This is a place for intelectuals to come and share knowledge with the masses, also for those who wish to learn about various topics.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"

Go down 
+4
AngInWonderland
Eclipse
djrice91
LeoTsukiyo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2008-06-07

(Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:28 pm

well i think if it came down to strong beating out the weak... humans would not be thee ones left right now.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/shikatem59
Pharaoh_Osiris
Enlightened
Enlightened
Pharaoh_Osiris

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:48 am

well dunno if i can agree wit the whole theory of evolution jus parts of it cuz wit that comes natural selection and the whole weak bein out done by the strong and then comes the inferior idealism that comes wit it cuz then that means ur getting into Darwinism and thats a very confusing issue
Back to top Go down
Magdalene.
Enlightened
Enlightened
Magdalene.

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:13 am

I honestly didn't feel like reading everyone's posts because I'm tired and they're all long, but I skimmed and saw some views and I'll throw in my 2 cents: I'm agnostic. I don't believe nor disbelieve in "God" because I've had no proof in existence of thy, and I am one to believe seeing is believing. If I see a sign he is real then good lord my life would change but as it stands I'm more "eh" on it. I go more on the way of Evolution because it makes sense. I mean, Adam and Eve is so far fetched I tell you what. I mean, the story goes god created one man and a women out of his rib. First of all, What the hell? Then on down girls are given the curse of periods because Eve, the greedy betch, ate a apple. Second: I thought god loved everyone? If she was hungry why cure her? And all women to come after? Again. What the hell!?

Now. Evolution theory: We came from monkeys and other animals because the earth evolved so we did too. That makes sense. Pangea became 7 continents so all the animals and creatures in between did SOMETHING to update with the earth's change. The gender of the animal became the gender of the next made creature in line. And the more advanced the earth became the more advanced and processed the change in creature and mind became. Thus giving us the 21st century. {Though I think it's retarded to say "21st" century when we're surely not in the years of 2100 ._.} And back to my period comment: Girls bodies are more complex due to the baby making process and booble area. {Love my way of talking, don't ya? XD}

That ends my 2 cents. Which was sumed in 2 mere paragraphs =D
Back to top Go down
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:01 pm

well most stories seemed far fetched like a baby born of a virgin, or a god just making earth and man? An all forgiving god banishing lucifer... so much is confusing and contradicting.
Back to top Go down
.TBP.LilBizzy
IQ 100
IQ 100
.TBP.LilBizzy

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 3:05 pm

Pharaoh_Osiris wrote:
In my opinion honestly there is no god there is humans and our rediculus tendency to make stuff up. Lets think shall we....... wut seperates mythology and religion? They r both systems of belief at one point or another. They both play a part in history and they both caused wars. Plus not to mention if u pay attention to all mythologys the same storys are retold over and over again jus with a diff name for the character and prolly there is a small variation to the story. for jesus look up horus and osiris matter fact research egyptian mythology greek mythology and hebrew mythology and see what you find
Irv,thats tha same stuff we was talking bout in health class.I grew up in a church and ended up atheist,the reason being because the bible isnt the actual bible.It says King James version on many bibles,that means some idiot re-wrote the bible 2 his liking,plus i see almost everything in the bible fake anyway
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/gearfreid
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:25 am

that is agreed.
Back to top Go down
Pharaoh_Osiris
Enlightened
Enlightened
Pharaoh_Osiris

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:05 am

yezzir but i still say ppl should do there research and think on there own make there own ideals on the subject nstead of listenin to someone elses version of it
Back to top Go down
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:02 am

Pharaoh_Osiris wrote:
In my opinion honestly there is no god there is humans and our rediculus tendency to make stuff up. Lets think shall we....... wut seperates mythology and religion? They r both systems of belief at one point or another. They both play a part in history and they both caused wars. Plus not to mention if u pay attention to all mythologys the same storys are retold over and over again jus with a diff name for the character and prolly there is a small variation to the story. for jesus look up horus and osiris matter fact research egyptian mythology greek mythology and hebrew mythology and see what you find

i agree only due to the fact truth does lie in that statement. i have conducted some slight research and stories are remarkably simular.
Back to top Go down
Pharaoh_Osiris
Enlightened
Enlightened
Pharaoh_Osiris

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 9:47 am

Back to top Go down
K ( T.I.S )
IQ 100
IQ 100
K ( T.I.S )

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:57 pm

everyone can believe what they wish. I am one who believes in God and Jesus. I am of course catholic if you couldn't tell, but i wish to support my thoughts. There are several books in the bible that talk about many different meetings with Jesus, or about his deciphles ( sorry about the spelling ) or about the saints. Many of these books in the bible tell that Jesus has come to earth to tell people of god. After he was killed, in what many say he died for our sins, he rose a few days after that. That offers the theory that god exists, for i believe god cna re-incarnate, or bring someone back to life. Jesus was killed on the cross, and buried in a cave, which when the cave was looked into, he was not there. I don't think even the son of god could bring himself to life after even death, but only the true father that has brought us life, could do these things.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/gaarasakuralove
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:24 pm

For Ang. ~~~> i can agree on your stand point i am a confirmed catholic, and the bible as derrick said has good lessons to follow but is QUITE hyprocritical... an all forgiving god banishes lucifer to "hell". Hmmm fishy? oh well... but yes the whole "follow Ones Heart" theory is actually My personaly religion you could say.

To Derrick~~~> Simply put man twisted it... it is obvious, look into the past of ancient stories Before Christ. many of them resemble some stories of religion and the bible. God has been around for an eternity... and so have countless others introduced to us by Greeks, Egyptians, etc, etc. Quite the skeptical topic i do say.
Back to top Go down
djrice91
Admin
Admin
djrice91

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:59 pm

yes, christianity is a very hypocritical religion, and I do not follow it, although I do believe that some lessons in the bible are worth learning and using, as are all GOOD lessons in other various religious text such as the analects, torah, qur'ran and rig veda. I myself is agnostic in belief. I need something to have faith in. I also believe that all religions are derived from one and that religion was originally a guideline to living a good life, but was twisted by man into something so fake.
Back to top Go down
https://darktsukiyo.forumotion.com
AngInWonderland
Brain Spawn
Brain Spawn
AngInWonderland

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:18 pm

i love the topic of religion just because there are so many different ways it can go. there are countless amounts of religions, and then when someone ISN'T of one of those major religions they normally have their own theory and those are the best to listen to in my opinion. just to see how that person sees mortality and whatnot.

my view on religion honestly changes everyday. i was raised Christian but then i noticed how hypocritical, racist and sexist it is. i couldn't possibly follow a religion that worships a god thats hypocritical and sexist. plus i very love the idea of peace and the fact that religion is the number one cause of war doesn't make me too happy as well.

sometimes i believe in heaven and hell and sometimes i dont. on the days that i do believe it i dont believe that its right to follow a book that says how to be happy for the rest of eternity. i think if there is a heaven than the way to get in would be to just follow your heart and do whats you think is best in life. if you're totally true to yourself throughout life, how can u possibly go wrong?
Back to top Go down
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:48 pm

see my idea overall is that yes the big bang theory has too many loop holes scientists have even stated the fact that there would have had to been a mathmatician behind it because if the tempeture of the big bang was a degree off it wouldn't have ever occured.

As far as god, i have noticed "god" himself never truly expressed but through the form of jesus. As far as we know god always was and always shall be, and god created all.... nothing else is truly known. God whether fictional story to give weak wills faith to press on, or if it is actually true wont be known till death... or unless god comes knockin on the door which im sure wont ever occur. I always used that point to say god didnt exist the "who created god" idea.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse
Brain Spawn
Brain Spawn
Eclipse

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:42 pm

Hmm the good old topic of religion. Well i'll admit i'm actually a Christian but nowdays i prefer to just say "other." There's honestly too many gaps in our beliefs as a whole to claim to belong to a specific genre of religion. I don't believe i came from an ameba, or evolved from an ape. Yet we have so many other factors left alone.

For starters the Holy Bible. Look at the one that every normal day people are given, the King James version. It's roughly...1k pages or something. Now go to the actual Hebrew bible..it's around..um..10k pages? WTF? Also the many gaps that seem to exist. "God" isn't explained much at all just the creation of man. Not where God came from, how He was even created.

Now lets go to the dinosaurs. There's no reference to them at all, yet Genesis is very VERY specific on how the animals and what kind of animals were created. Theres also temples that's been found around Mexico? And i think in deep Brazil that gives references to Dragons, and the language is quite older than anything else that's recorded on the face of the earth. Another note on that is almost every country has some sort of history, rather fiction or non-fiction about the existance of "Dragons." Could it be that "God" actually came to a mud ball "planet," wiped it out, the dinosaurs being the creations of the Dragon, and took it over? Genesis mentions something about "darkness"..maybe He considered them too evil for their own good? After all since man supposily is the creation of God, maybe dinosaurs was the equivalent for a Dragon.

Then there's the big bang theory. This theory has been tested many times over the centuries, even today and still there's just way too many loopholes. Then again, that explains nowdays our religion, even our actions in society. My point in all of this? I think aethism is in all an excuse to be ignorant and ignore everything period. Am i insulting or dissing someone that's Aethist? Nope that's your choice. But my opinion is you have to have SOMETHING to believe in, in this day of age. "Faith" gives you strength in so many aspects and look how our society has come out to play. People shooting each other just so they can record it on a cel phone video to post it on youtube. Even if you believe in nothing but YOURSELF..you're still believing in SOMETHING. And nowdays, people set themselves so low, letting depression pull them to the point of suicide, giving up..i think some sort of belief in something also gives us as "man" a reason to move on and continue to fight.
Back to top Go down
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:38 pm

CONGRATS! lol but yes i can handle religion. To me there is a higher power but i will call it god, just there is no validating proof.
Back to top Go down
djrice91
Admin
Admin
djrice91

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 pm

Leo, you are on your own in this one. I am NOT talking religion. Good luck. and wait a sec.........

100th Post!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://darktsukiyo.forumotion.com
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin
LeoTsukiyo

PostSubject: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:48 pm

OKAY a debate since time began... is God real or fiction, SUPPORT YOUR CASE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"   (Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Catholics, Christians, etc) simple... "God"
Page 1 of 1