Darktsukiyo

This is a place for intelectuals to come and share knowledge with the masses, also for those who wish to learn about various topics.

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:12 pm

indeed i like those facts but i see how they are intergrated with whites yes? so was stated in one of said facts, that is one reason also, caucasions didnt view spanish as low as they did african americans, so it is basically equalizing now, the black history month well known due to all the fuck ups the country has against them and the reason, so i believe, for spanish month not known is merely because they had contributions and weren't seen as such an inferiority. Perhaps the recognition isnt widely spread as it should be but that is probably because the countrys majority feels they are equal so all is fine. After all the higher ups and such are rather... ignorantly decisive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/shikatem59
thekittyeffect
Brain Spawn
Brain Spawn

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:59 pm

yeah; i do somewhat agree with you on your theory ; but there have been many contributions that hispanics have made that there arent even any records on ... such as

- hispanic americans faught in every single major battle in ww2 and how about 5% of the armed forces back then were hispanics but there numbers were intergrated with the white count ... we also volunteered to serve on the home front as civilians
- From 1528 to 1536, four castaways from a Spanish expedition, including a "black" Moor, journeyed all the way from Florida to the Gulf of California, 267 years before Lewis and Clark embarked on their much more renowned and far less arduous trek.
- The Spanish didn't just explore, they settled, creating the first permanent European settlement in the continental United States at St. Augustine, Florida in 1565 way before the europeans had founded Jamestown ...
- Almost 80 years before John Smith's alleged " rescue " by Pocahontas, a man by the name of Juan Ortiz told of his similar rescue from execution by an Indian girl. Spaniards also held a thanksgiving, 56 years before the Pilgrims, when they feasted near St. Augustine with Florida Indians, probably on stewed pork and garbanzo beans.

only a few facts gathered from wiki ... [:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:29 pm

Now here is my honest theory as to why all the spanish history is briefly spoken about in text books and things of such nature... NAACP founded why? So african americans mainly can fight for equal rights, they used topics as slavery and inequality amongst the black culture when compared to the whites for years and years of fighting, now after all is said and done African americans fought for rights and made the big complaints about not being recognized as main pieces to the country after all they did do most physical labor willingly or more then likely not, so after all that (which also is taught in classes btw) i believe that the month was made in order to satisfy the minds of "colored" people. I myself havent heard of much dealing with spanish movements in america to show worth and claim recognition, i have nothing against anyone but i believe its widely unknown because many spanish people tend to not care about that in particular.

Do correct me if i am wrong, and do fill me in on anything i missed.
Back to top Go down
thekittyeffect
Brain Spawn
Brain Spawn

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:22 pm

its sad how i; being a hispanic; had to learn that september was hispanic heratige month from the television and from this site ... i dont think that many hispanics themselves know this information either ...

how about all the times teachers speak of slavery; they never mention that hispanics were also grouped together with the africans; cast off as slaves as well ... when they speak of the spanish-american revolution; a mere two days tops is spent on the subject all while the year revolves around slavery and the white societies ... will we ever get the recognition we deserve ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:54 pm

indeed we have several missions to accomplish, and time will get them all done. Above all is helping people learn about everything to further inspire those of us who can help, to help better earth.
Back to top Go down
djrice91
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:52 pm

kinda figured you kew that. and i hope all members know it and spread the knowledge like in our mission statement
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darktsukiyo.forumotion.com
LeoTsukiyo
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:51 pm

Not to be fucked up, but in our school that celebration wont occur, we know why. Also at the same ticket i actually did know that.
Back to top Go down
djrice91
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:47 pm

No, didn't think so. Not many people do. I go to a predominantly black school and come Feburary, we get candy and an African proverb as soon as we enter the school. We get assemblies dedicated to black trivia and performances. Now in my school 45% is hispanic and do you know what we get, nothing. I'm not saying we need epic proportion stuff but just the little things count. I understand the school is mostly black in a black neighborhood, but with such a high percentage of hispanics attending the school, something should be done to honor their culture. You know who is to blame for this, the schools, because who told you about black history month when you were in 1st grade. Your school. Most black kids learned about it in school also. The schools never teach about hispanic history month. go ahead and ask your friends if they know when Hispanic history month is or even if they know that one exist. Remember Hispanic history month is September and thank a latino you know for their culture's contribution to the world.

Peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darktsukiyo.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month   

Back to top Go down

Did you know September was Hispanic Heritage Month
Page 1 of 1